Monday, November 29, 2010

Enjoying the Day…

First off been lazing around chitchatting with mom. Thank heaven she is doing better, Not totally recuperated still using a walker but better.

Second I have been trying my hand at making some christmas ornaments,,

256ef1552462__1291080296000 my first candy cane…..

e4b5d8ffb0e1__1291080206000 4 bells and the candy cane

de37617b9836__1291080263000 bells side view… lol with some plastic  ornaments that still need to go on the tree..

Due to 4 cats and 2 dogs my christmas tree this year has all unbreakable ornaments.  I learned last year not to put glass ornaments on it.

when christmas was over my tree was bare the bottom half and full the top half..LOL

Weather here has been  heat one minute and A/C the next..  no heat today at all only A/C.. I know   some peeps are digging out from loads of snow and me I have the A/C running.

Please go visit  my blog friend Bev at One yarn after another. she needs some  loving on., Found out today she has Diabetes and she is going to need some support. I know  been one for almost 24 years. It’s a hard disease to live with and to get used to… so show her some love guys and gals… I have been busy reading blogs  and looking at all the wonderful things  out there.. Not enough time to do it all…… wish I could….lol

for tonite signing off

Hugs from South Texas….Birgit

http://bevmatheson.blogspot.com/2010/11/you-are-invited-to-my-pity-party.html

4 comments:

  1. You are still at it, crocheting Mausie. Glad you have your Mom and the crochet is looking good. I've already left a few words for Bev. We'll look after her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ornaments. Very clever using yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Christmas ornies, Birgit, and I'm with you in that my tree has mostly unbreakable ornaments, mostly my crocheted ones and a few sparkly store-bought items ;-) I love Christmas. Whatever you do, don't use tinsel - I found out the hard way :-)

    I already visited Bev. and I found you from her comments section.

    Have a nice week and I hope the weather will stabilize. It's been very mild here too and I have needed to use the A/C a couple of times last week, but I'm so ready for the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yarn ornaments are fun to make and a great way to use up the stash. I think they are cute. I especially like the candy cane. Your heat/AC situations sounds like my body temperature! So glad your Mom is doing better. My Dad is having knee replacement surgery today. They might only have to do part of a knee. If so, healing will be MUCH quicker and he'd even go home today, so I'm praying for a partial knee replacemtn (and no infections brought home from the hospital) Sorry about your friend. I will pay her a visit.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete