Sunday, January 30, 2011

And a Happy Sunday to you all

Not much going on here…it’s a lazy quiet muggy sunday.

Had to go to the store… yuck but I got it done before the rain hit

its dark and cloudy and such a gloomy day out..Rumbles in the distance at times.

73* and the A/C is on due to the humidity. Hate that.

On the moving front nothing heard from the guy about the house we want to rent but

he does work 2 jobs so tomorrow I will give him another call… I did get 3 boxes of kitchen items

packed yesterday. you know those double and triple bows and  stuff you only need once or twice a year. Also purged a bunch of bowls without lids. My baking pans that I don’t use very often

some knifes we brought over from Mom;s but we don’t use  etc.

Hubby got a few more boxes put together for me so I can start on things like living room knick knacks  and also  our  fondue set, pressure cooker  ,bread machine and such.

Animals are all napping and I am going to go and get my  Kindle and read a little with a cup of java next to me.

Did I ever tell you all about my kindle??? OMG  its great, fabulous,amazing can’t find enough good words to describe it. Best thing  I ever got except for my pc or laptop.

I love the fact that it holds tons of books  or magazines and is light as a feather.

You grab it and go no more searching through magazines at doc offices or other waiting rooms.

I am reading a book from Beth Wiseman right now. Plain Perfect its called  in her series 

Daughters of the Promise.. So good.

 

I never had read any of her books or  romances that had an amish background.. They really are very good. I read one of Amy Clipston last week  A Gift of Grace, Really good too…

I am reading more now with my kindle than I ever did before. Its easier. If you want a book you go to Amazon and  buy one or read one the the 1000’s of Free Ebooks  that you can download to your pc then transfer to the kindle  or download it straight to your Kindle…

anyhow I am gonna go get my java and enjoy a quiet afternoon of reading..

Hope your sunday is wonderful….Hugs from South Texas…..Birgit

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect afternoon ... reading and coffee. Good luck with the packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And good evening ... loved your enjoying things, sounds like we think a lot alike. Hook up with Faith at Simple, Vintage and Crochet ... it a wonderful thing and so great to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to ask (again) for a Kindle for my birthday. I'd go ahead and treat myself, but I just bought a set of Addi Lace Click needles. My credit card is still smoking from the purchase.

    I've got to go to the market first thing in the morning. We're to get a foot of snow or more on Tuesday. I don't look forward to working in that mess so I hope for silent hospice nights for Tuesday and Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete